Monday, February 1, 2016

Study tools

When preparing for our acid base quiz, I had some trouble with differentiating between conjugate acids and bases, and which direction they went. So, I went online and found some practice tools that helped me get ready for what was on the quiz. Here' s a link to a mini practice test we were shown that I used: http://legacy.chemgym.net/as_a2/topics/acids_bases/quiz_1.html
I also wanted to look at what would be strong acids and bases, so I found a link to study, to make sure I was memorizing right. Here's a link I found: http://www.chemistry.pomona.edu/chemistry/1alab/www/fall2006/powerptpresentations/5anions/acidbaset.htm
In order to succeed in many of the practice problems and on the test, we had to memorize some small formulas, because we needed to make multiple conversions in some problems. Here is the main box we had to memorize, and this is what I spent most time using to study.
http://www.sciencegeek.net/Chemistry/taters/graphics/pHSchematic.gif


Overall, I think I did pretty well on this quiz because I used my materials to prepare myself for everything that was in our lecture supplements.

2 comments:

  1. Holly, thanks for the great post!I found both of your links very helpful too. I especially liked the one that listed the strong acids and bases because I think its hard to remember them all. I will have to refer back to that website when studying for the exam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Lilly! The sources you included are very helpful, and I wish that I would have had them for the test!

    ReplyDelete