Thursday, October 29, 2015

Last Meal Project

Each unit we cover in class, there is a project that goes along with it, which we conduct ourselves outside of class. This unit the project is called the Last Meal Project. If it weren't already obvious, we are picking 3 specific foods we would want included as our last meal; the meal includes an appetizer, main course, and dessert. The three dishes I chose were Hot Crab Dip, Chili, and Pumpkin Snickerdoodles, which I find all very yummy and ideal for this last meal. The project called for us to convert all the english measurements into metric units. You can find all my work on my Last Meal Conversion Project Page.
Here is the link to the page that was extremely helpful for my conversions:
http://www.jsward.com/cooking/conversion.shtml

Here's a little sneak peak of what my conversions turned out to look like:

I did have a lot of fun with this project, especially since I explored Pinterest a lot for these three recipes and more! We also have to bring into class one of our dishes, and I chose to bring in the Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. I had never made them myself before, and now this is one of my favorite recipes, and it will definitely be a popular treat this fall!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Holly, for sharing this helpful link that allowed me to convert my recipes to metrics. I really connected with you because I also enjoyed this project and found some great recipes! I loved the snickerdoodles you made and might steal the recipe for myself as a treat! Thank you again, Holly!

    ReplyDelete